Student Support Services
Student Support Services
At ENSR International School, we believe that every student has the right to access the very best education. Inclusive education is a passion and ethos at ENSR and is reflected in the words of its founder Edouard Vitto, whose motto was to `aim to place value on individuality’.
The Student Support Services Team is dedicated to fostering a positive learning environment that responds to individuality and diversity. The team collaborates with students, teachers, families and others in the community to support the development of all students, encouraging them to reach their full potential.
English/French as a Foreign Language
EFL and FLE
We offer either English or French as an Additional Language (EFL and FLE) support for students without proficient language skills in the language, they are required to access their programme of learning. Should your child require additional language support, they will be assessed to ascertain their current level of English or French.
School Counselling and Wellbeing
As a close community we support our students to be confident, self-reliant and resilient. Our aim is to ensure that our students have a positive mental wellbeing. The counselling service provides a confidential, safe, nurturing and personalized approach for students to explore difficulties they may encounter, complementing the wellbeing support at our school.
- To provide a safe and nurturing environment to support the therapeutic process for all students, appropriate to the needs and life stage of the student
- To identify, alongside the academic teams, and Student Support Services students who may be at risk of emotional, psychological and/or social issues as early as possible.
- To provide ethical and professional support for vulnerable students
- To provide wellbeing education to all students throughout their school life
- To encourage student involvement in accessing the service
ENSR offers a University Guidance service that provides advice to students with regard to their higher education choices and applications for institutions both in Switzerland and abroad. The School regularly informs students about university open days and information sessions taking place locally and also organizes university presentations within the School. Such events give students the opportunity to speak directly with admissions tutors from a variety of Swiss and European institutions.
The University Guidance Counsellor, Ms Vera Secchi, is available to speak to students on an individual basis throughout the school year.
Ms. Vera Secchi
+41 21 654 65 62
The University Guidance service aims to:
- respond to questions students may have about different university systems, institutions and programmes,
- suggest institutions and/or programmes that may be of interest to students,
- communicate to students key deadlines and procedures to follow for university applications,
- provide help, upon request, with applications (for example the proof-reading of a personal essay),
- provide the necessary documentation (school reports and reference letters, for example) to institutions,
- provide support material for aptitude/language tests that students must take, if applying to anglophone institutions,
- encourage students to assist relevant presentations, information sessions and open days,
- encourage students to speak to admissions tutors who visit the School.
The first 45-minute orientation consultation at the school is free of charge. Thereafter, the consultation time and/or time spent doing research for the student, with the prior authorization of the parents, will be charged at the same rate as a private lesson, namely CHF 77.
Please click here for a list of Higher Education institutions to which our students have been admitted.